I used to blog...

 I used to blog. 

I sometimes dabbled in posts that touched on some interest or hobby but mostly I shared my opinions about the things that were happening near or around me. 

The blog was successful enough where I had regular readers and it was even known in local circles but somewhere along the way it stopped being fun. Social media exploded and suddenly everyone with a Facebook account thought that with a few sarcastic comments and a shared link that they were a blogger. 

Instead of really interesting conversation and a sharing of ideas and views it all just became mudslinging. 

And it stopped being fun. 

And when it stopped being fun it started to be work, hard work. So I stopped. 

Oh I occasionally tried to start it back up but by that point it had lost its momentum and so had I. 

I tried starting another blog, this time focusing on all the random stuff that interests me but I never felt it click the way the first blog did. 

So, why this blog and why now? 

Well, partly because I have never stopped having thoughts, opinions and views that I wanted to share. And in part because I have had some life changing things happen over the last few years that in some ways have had me rethink some of my own views of the world. 

I'm realizing that at an age where I thought I would have it all figured out, I'm still learning and growing (while at the same time maybe stuck in my ways or my ideas of tradition.)

So, what will this blog be about? Well it will be about things that I like and have interest in. It will share maybe some of my thoughts on life (not the grand topic but the day to day). It might touch on music or share some photography, or focus on some of my oddball obsessions. 

But whatever this blog is, it will be a way for me to share the thoughts and interests that rattle around inside my head. Hopefully those thoughts and interests will be something that you find interesting, worth reading about and adding to the conversation. 

Well this is post #1, let's see what's next!



Comments

Popular Posts